YWCA’S ADVOCACY AND JUSTICE MOVEMENT:
JOIN A CAMPAIGN, FIND AN OFFICIAL OR LEGISLATION, GET UPDATES on Racial Justice & Civil Rights, Empowerment and Economic Advancement, Health & Safety.
In Local News: Thank you to everyone who came out to support the WOMEN’S MARCH LOS ANGELES. Together, we march and make history!
MANY WAYS TO CHANGE THE WORLD:
1. Register and Vote: Your vote is important and you can’t vote unless you are registered!
2. Do Your Homework: Research your issue!
- When you know your issue, you are much better able to make strong and persuasive arguments in support of your position.
- Find and learn about your legislator’s position/record on the issue: Once you know who your senator and representative are, you can find phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and other information about them.
- Identify what groups and organizations are working for or against the issue.
3. Do Something:
- Attend a committee meeting.
- Call your legislator.
- Write or Email your legislator.
- Visit your legislator.
- Write an Op-Ed/Letter to the Editor.
4. Use Social Networking:
- Reach a larger audience of existing supporters and potential supporters; inspire public dialogue around key issues and influence key decision makers.
- Build social relations and interact with people who have similar interests
- Exchange ideas, debate issues and motivate others to take action by sharing media links, videos and other information.